Jorge Salva serves as the trusted legal adviser and outside counsel to entrepreneurs, early-stage, small and lower-middle market businesses. Jorge has 20 years of legal experience, trained by prominent New York-area mid-size law firms representing shareholders, mid-size, and Fortune 500 companies, global insurers, and Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy trustees in a wide variety of complex transactions and commercial disputes.
JD, University of Pennsylvania School of Law
BA, Columbia University
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
State of New Jersey
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
District of New Jersey
Representative Matters Include:
- Represented founders of a New York start-up, which strategizes and creates cutting-edge, web-based advertising campaigns, in connection with its $5.5 million Regulation D capital raise (in the form of straight equity and convertible debt), to a California-based venture capital firm that has an investment portfolio of web-based marketing companies.
- Represented New York-based real estate-based investment fund in exempt Regulation D Offering of $7.5 million for the development of rental real properties in suburban Nashville, Tennessee, prepare offering documents, and handle all applicable notice filings with the SEC and state regulators.
- Represented issuer on $3.1 million exempt securities offering (Regulation D Rule 506(c)) to accredited investors Simple Agreements for Future Equity (“SAFE”). Issuer is a New York-based startup that has created an app that enables sports enthusiasts to efficiently evaluate, compare, and purchase weightlifting, exercise and fitness equipment directly from US wholesalers and manufacturers while avoiding retail pricing.
- Represented a Bergen County, New Jersey investor in the $3.8 million asset acquisition of a suburban Atlanta, Georgia commercial painting company that was financed through a secured loan guaranteed by the United States Small Business Administration.
- Represented a Manhattan-based painting contractor in the $3.75 million asset acquisition of a suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania commercial HVAC company that was financed through a secured loan guaranteed by the United States Small Business Administration.
- Represented a Delaware incorporation to launch formal business operations for a technology cycling and retail startup, organize equity ownership of founders, engagement of key consultants, launch initial operations, and position the company for an initial round of seed funding.
- Represented a Brooklyn-based e-commerce luxury fashion startup in multiple multi-million-dollar Series Seed financings and exempt securities offerings (Regulation D, Rule 506(b)) to accredited and qualified investors of notes convertible into preferred stock.
- Represented several accredited investors in connection with exempt securities offering (Regulation D, Rule 506(c)) of Convertible Notes and Simple Agreements for Future Equity (“SAFE”) of a New Jersey-based early-stage digital personal insurance platform.