Scott is a seasoned transactional and litigation attorney, as well as a business consultant with over 25 years of experience representing various companies in complex business transactions, federal, state, and local tax services, tax audit defense, corporate law and governance, private capital formation, commercial and residential real estate transactions, SEC compliance services, corporate/trade finance, and debt restructuring. As a litigator, Scott has represented various clients in complex business and commercial litigation, partnership disputes, consumer finance litigation, foreclosure litigation/defense, real estate litigation, and probate and trust litigation.
Scott provides transaction escrow and paymaster services for digital asset trades, PPE, commodity, and other business transactions for various financial institutions, private equity groups, hedge funds, commodities traders, and other businesses.
JD, Business Associations; Northwestern University School of Law
BSBA, University of Illinois
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of Illinois
Representative Matters Include:
- Design and implement debt restructuring strategies, corporate finance, asset securitization, and re-capitalization strategies for various companies, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Structure and implement corporate entity planning, offshore planning, tax and asset protection planning for entrepreneurs, various businesses, and private equity clients.
- Designed and implemented strategic federal and state tax planning for various mid-size businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Prepared a comprehensive multi-state state and local tax/employee benefit tax manual for a global insurance company.
- Designed and implemented legal structure for a private foundation, which, at the time was the largest private foundation in Illinois that owned and operated a world renown university and hospital.
- Designed and implemented wealth and estate planning, trust and asset protection plans, and off-shore planning for high-net-worth families and private family offices.
- Represented various real estate investors and developers in various commercial real estate transactions from development/construction, acquisition and sales, and real estate litigation.
- Represented multi-million-dollar probate estates in various asset sale/liquidation matters from commercial real estate, farmland, and other asset classes.
- Represented numerous sellers and buyers engaged in various buy/sell transactions for commercial real estate, businesses, and franchises.
- Represented various businesses, from small business owners to Fortune 500 companies, in defense of state and federal tax audits and proceedings.
- Represented companies from small businesses to Fortune 500 Companies in business and commercial litigation matters ranging from breach of contract to business torts (breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, tortious interference, shareholder derivative actions).