Daniel is a seasoned attorney and business executive who has advised real estate, banking, private equity, and family office clients throughout the world. Known for his calm, strategic insight in high-stakes and crisis management situations, Daniel counsels corporations, high-net-worth individuals, investment banks, private equity/hedge funds, and venture companies in litigation and strategic planning. Often called upon to manage emergency situations, clients value his experience and skill at translating complex legal issues into clear guidance for non-lawyers. As a resource for international media, Daniel has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, CNBC, Axios, Daily Mail, South China Morning Post, and Law360, among others.
Daniel guides clients through high-stakes litigation and complex negotiations, as well as helping to facilitate joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Daniel has acted as counsel to U.S. presidential campaigns, ultra-high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and corporations in a variety of high-profile disputes, transactions, and regulatory proceedings. Daniel was previously General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer for the family office of an ultra-high-net-worth family from Hong Kong and in that capacity, managed teams throughout North and Central America, Europe, and Asia, and maintains many trusted relationships in these regions.
Daniel’s venture capital and private equity experience include working closely with hedge funds, venture companies, high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and real estate developers. He works with private clients in financing and fundraising, negotiates and drafts sophisticated and complex contracts, and has in-depth experience advising on raising private equity and venture capital money.
JD, Touro University, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
BS, St. John’s University, cum laude
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
Representative Matters Include:
- Represented as lead counsel The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative LLC f/k/a Trump University LLC in a special proceeding by the Attorney General of the State of New York.
- Advised ultra-high-net-worth family office in various high-stakes disputes, transactions and negotiations in business dealings across the globe where cases and transactions exceeded $4 billion in value.
- Represented as lead counsel The South Tower Residential Board of Managers of Time Warner Center Condominium in the successful prosecution of the board’s right of first refusal in case of first impression involving $7.0 million luxury apartment.
- Represented notable real estate developer and owner in New York in various high-profile, multi-million-dollar disputes with Giorgio Armani and Lev Leviev.
- Represented Carlos Slim in real estate dispute with John Barret involving long-term commercial lease of Elizabeth Taylor’s former townhouse in New York City.
- Represented as lead counsel Trump Park Ave in $4.0 million dispute with Saudi prince.