Paul Share is a Partner and Chair of Corporate Transactions at Warren Law Group.
Paul has over 40 years of experience in corporate and securities law and financial advice. He assists his clients with all aspects of their businesses, including the formation of corporations and limited liability companies. Paul has extensive experience in drafting employment and consulting agreements, and leases, raising capital in private placement and loan agreements, acquisitions and sales of businesses, and negotiating joint venture agreements. Paul also advises clients on business-related matters, particularly in business start-ups and entities.
Paul has prior experience working in large and small firms, and as in-house counsel to a fortune 1000 publicly-traded company. Throughout his career, Paul has advised and assisted in the formation of hundreds of companies. He has also drafted and negotiated numerous benefits plans, and shareholder and licensing agreements.
JD, Wayne State University
BA, University of Michigan
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
United States Supreme Court
Bar Association of New York City
Wayne State Law Review
Representative Matters Include:
- Acted as general counsel for Advanced Travel Services, Inc. prior to its sale by the owners, and in that capacity, represented the client in numerous agreements with its corporate clients, as well as several joint venture agreements and in several litigations.
- Acted as general counsel and advised the founders of Bitflip Interactive Group in leaving their former employer without violating non-disclosure or non-compete obligations, helped them form the company, negotiated, and drafted the shareholders agreement, and represented the client with respect to its engagement agreements with its various clients, many of whom were Fortune 1000 Companies.
- Represented Bren-Tronics, the world’s leading supplier of military batteries, in a wide range of matters including the acquisition and the sale of various subsidiaries and affiliated entities, drafting various benefit plans for key and other employees. Mr. Share is a member of this company’s advisory board of directors.
- Counseled the owner of an entity, Client Centrix LLC, in connection with his relationship with his former employer, and then with the lengthy negotiations of the terms of a beta test of the client’s software with a Fortune 500 company.
- Assisted with Cloverleaf Digital’s formation and shareholder agreements and reviewed several license agreements with various cable television and other technology companies.
- Represented the owners of the intellectual property relating to “Conan the Barbarian” in the sale of this intellectual property first to a public company for stock, and then when the public company went bankrupt, in recovering the intellectual property from the bankruptcy estate and reselling it for cash to a European buyer.
- Acted as general counsel of DYG, Inc. for over 15 years, representing them with various contracts, shareholder and employee matters and real estate transactions and financings.
- Helped Gallery Systems negotiate software licenses with dozens of major museums including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The MOMA, the Getty Museum, the Guggenheim Museum, the Tate Museum, and the Smithsonian, and represented the company when it was sold to the owner of a number of software companies.
- Acted as general counsel for International Battery, Inc. prior to their hiring in-house general counsel. Mr. Share has helped the founders set up this company, including negotiating the lease for this company’s first manufacturing facility, aided them in several private placements, and drafted various employment agreements. He also drafted a series of licensing and technology transfer agreements, resulting in this company obtaining the exclusive North American distribution and manufacturing rights to leading edge technology owned by the owner located in China.
- Spearheaded two litigations by a large publicly traded company that led to multimillion dollar recoveries by the client, one of which involved a dispute over New York City real estate with a Fortune 500 Company. Share has handled other real estate transactions for this client in New York, including the sale of an 11,000-acre plot in the Adirondack Mountains and the sale of a 22-mile power line right-of-way to a utility company.
- Acted as Mercom Industries general counsel, taking care of and arranging all their legal requirements, including drafting their option plan, various employment agreements, distributorship agreements and license agreements, and participating in their defense and settlement of a patent infringement suit and the ultimate sale of this company to a publicly traded competitor.
- Represented a Central American Conglomerate in negotiating a joint venture agreement, in which the client and an international cell phone company agreed as to the funding and management of a venture to bid for one of several licenses to provide cell phone service in Panama, and subsequently represented this entity in the sale of a number of cell phone towers throughout Central and South America.
- Represented the owners of 2Web Technologies in their sale of the assets of this company to a large search engine company and the negotiation of employment agreements by certain of the shareholders with the buyer.
- Provided all Ultralife Corporation legal needs until they hired in-house counsel. Services included forming this corporation, helping the founders negotiate the acquisition of the battery division of Eastman Kodak, drafting various employment agreements, assisting the company with the legal requirements of several private placements and subsequent public offerings of securities, helping the company draft various annual reports and other Security Act documents, helping the company acquire the UK battery division of an international conglomerate, and representing the company along with co-counsel in several litigations and administrative hearings.