Jorge R. Salva is a Partner of Warren Law Group.
Jorge Salva serves as the trusted legal adviser and outside counsel to entrepreneurs, early-stage, small and lower-middle market businesses. Jorge has 20 years of legal experience, trained by prominent New York-area mid-size law firms representing shareholders, mid-size, and fortune 500 companies, global insurers, and Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy trustees in a wide variety of complex transactions and commercial disputes.
Jorge has served as outside general counsel for entrepreneurs, family businesses, early-stage and mature closely held companies across numerous industries, including IT consulting, pharmacies, chiropractic, urgent-care centers, manufacturing, retail, wholesale distribution, franchising, as well as licensed professionals including architects, accountants, and independent financial advisors. Jorge has advised and negotiated a wide variety of transactions from entity formation, corporate finance, asset-based lending, and mergers & acquisitions. Jorge is dedicated and experienced in negotiation and structuring his clients’ transactions in a manner that achieves their business goals while minimizing legal risks of post-closing disputes and litigation.
JD, University of Pennsylvania School of Law
BA, Columbia University, Economics
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
State of New Jersey
U.S. Court for the Southern District and Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court for the District of New Jersey
Representative Matters Include:
- Represented founders of a New York start-up, which strategizes and creates cutting edge web-based advertising campaigns, in connection with its $5.5 million Regulation D capital raise (in the form of straight equity and convertible debt), to a California based venture capital firm that has an investment portfolio of web-based marketing companies.
- Represented New York based real estate-based investment fund in exempt Regulation D Offering of $7,500,000.00 for development of rental real properties in suburban Nashville, Tennessee, prepare offering documents, and handle all applicable notice filings with the SEC and state regulators
- Represented issuer on $3.1 Million exempt securities offering (Regulation D Rule 506(c)) to accredited investors Simple Agreements for Future Equity (“SAFE”). Issuer is a New York based startup that has created App that enables sports enthusiasts to efficiently evaluate, compare, and purchase weightlifting, exercise and fitness equipment directly from US wholesalers and manufacturers, while avoiding retail pricing.
- Represented a Bergen County, New Jersey investor in the $3.8 Million asset acquisition of a suburban Atlanta, Georgia commercial painting company that was financed through a secured loan guaranteed by the United States Small Business Administration.
- Represented a Manhattan based painting contractor in the $3.75 Million asset acquisition of a suburban Philadelphia, PA commercial HVAC company that was financed through a secured loan guaranteed by the United States Small Business Administration.
- Delaware incorporation to launch formal business operations for a technology cycling and retail startup, organize equity ownership of founders, engagement of key consultants, launch initial operations, and position company for initial round of seed funding.
- Represented a Brooklyn based e-commerce luxury fashion startup in multiple multi-million-dollar Series Seed financings and exempt securities offerings (Regulation D, Rule 506(b)) to accredited and qualified investors of notes convertible into preferred stock.
- Represented several accredited investors in connection with exempt securities offering (Regulation D, Rule 506(c)) of Convertible Notes and Simple Agreements for Future Equity (“SAFE”) of New Jersey based early-stage digital personal insurance platform.
- Represented and advised construction project management software start-up on its Delaware corporate formation, organization of founders’ equity split, created stock option plan for non-founder employees, and its initial convertible debt round under Regulation D, Rule 504.
- Represented and advised Hudson County, New Jersey based wholesale construction materials and safety products obtain a $7,500,000 secured revolving and term loan facility from a private commercial financing company.
- Representation of a family-owned business in connection with the sale of an Upper Manhattan residential real estate portfolio, and re-investment in Miami, Florida luxury rental properties for out-of-town corporate housing.
- Represented and advised New York real estate-based investment fund in exempt Regulation D Offering of $4,350,000.00 for development of rental real properties in Atlanta, Georgia, prepare offering documents, and handle all applicable notice filings with the SEC and state regulators.
- Represented a New Jersey based purchaser in its $4.1 Million acquisition of a Central Florida company engaged in the manufacture, sale, supply and/or distribution of doors, moldings, and other related construction materials that was financed through a secured loan guaranteed by the United States Small Business Administration.