Jorge Marquez is the Managing Associate at Warren Law Group.
Jorge has over 10 years of federal litigation experience and represents clients in securities, commercial, and other civil litigation matters.
Before joining Warren Law Group, Jorge Marquez represented government agents and agencies in the federal district courts for the districts of Puerto Rico, the Eastern District of New York, and the Southern District of New York. In such capacity, Jorge served as lead counsel in almost 150 federal cases from start to finish, including three jury trials that resulted in successful defense verdicts. Jorge’s combined federal litigation experience includes handling employment law matters (e.g., Title VII sexual harassment and racial discrimination claims, Americans with Disabilities Act, E.E.O.C. related issues), civil rights (e.g., First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment, Eighth Amendment), and other federal question claims (e.g., Anti-Trust issues, Federal Telecommunications Act).
In his role as a federal litigator, Jorge was responsible for answering pleadings, responding to challenging discovery demands under tight federal court deadlines, and filing dozens of complex motions, such as motions for summary judgment. Relatedly, Jorge has taken and defended well over 100 depositions involving both low-level and high-ranking government officials. Jorge, thus, knows how to work with all types of individuals within an organization’s structure to prepare them for the challenges inherent to litigation.
JD, University of Puerto Rico School of Law
Licenciado en Derecho, University of Barcelona
BA, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
Federal District of Puerto Rico
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Representative Matters Include:
- Jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in which allegations of First Amendment and municipal liability claims were raised against high-ranking officials from the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Public Information of the N.Y.P.D.
- Jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in which allegations of excessive force were raised against a D.O.C. captain and correction officers assigned to Bronx Central Booking.
- Jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in which allegations of false arrest, excessive force, and failure to intervene were alleged against Staten Island Narcotics Division detectives.
Other Notable Cases:
- Reverse conviction case that resulted in a multi-million-dollar settlement agreement to the satisfaction of both parties.
- Worked on a case involving novel issues pertaining to the summary judgment standard that ultimately resulted in the complete dismissal of the plaintiff’s claims on summary judgment grounds.
- Case involving allegations of deliberate indifference that was ultimately dismissed on summary judgment grounds.
- Case involving allegations of malicious prosecution with substantial monetary exposure that was ultimately dismissed on summary judgment grounds.
- Case involving allegations of anti-trust conduct under the Sherman Act in which motion to dismiss was granted on behalf of the individual capacity defendants.
- Case involving allegations of racial and religious discrimination brought under Title VII that involved significant document production and investigation.
- Case involving high-profile police intervention at the Puerto Rico capitol building that resulted in a settlement agreement that was significantly below the original estimated value.