John J. Keenan is Of Counsel to Warren Law Group.
John has over 20 years of experience as an attorney, specializing in commercial litigation, international commercial litigation, cross-border transactions, cross border bankruptcy, and domestic and international commercial arbitration. John has extensive trial experience in US and Canadian courts and in mediation and arbitration settings. He has conducted various domestic and international arbitrations using AAA, ICDR, JAMS, SCC, ICC, and UNCITRAL rules.
John has worked as an independent attorney at Keenan Law Center, PC in which he oversaw all litigation with emphasis on complex civil and corporate disputes, commercial arbitrations, mediations, and litigation nationally and internationally. He has also appeared in numerous cross-border bankruptcy matters in both Canada and the US.
In addition to his law practice, John serves as Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of Mediators Beyond Borders International.
JD, Syracuse University
LLB, University of New Brunswick
LLM, Osgoode Hall Law School
LLM, Queen Mary University of London
State of New York
State of California
Representative Matters Include:
- Represented French corporation in dissolution under New York business corporation law regarding the evaluation of a cell phone industry company
- Represented an international entertainment company in a commercial arbitration regarding the licensing of a particular URL
- Represented an international corporation in an arbitration dispute with a Spanish manufacturer over the licensing of certain products
- Represented major contractor in a dispute regarding the foreclosure of a mechanics lien involving litigation in New York and California
- Represented major oil corporation in a cross-border bankruptcy, located in Manitoba Canada
- Represented a national railroad corporation in a dispute over environmental issues
- Represented Canadian manufacturer in bankruptcy preference action in Delaware
- Represented New York consultant in a dispute with instrument manufacturer
- Successfully defended international grocery chain in a claim by several individuals
- Successfully defended Canadian manufacturer against claims by US customs
- Obtained judgment against major corporation regarding a failure to supervise in the construction of a large retail chains premises
- Represented a major New York construction company in a claim for delay damages in the construction of a school