David Szalyga is a Corporate Associate at Warren Law Group.
David is a transactional and corporate attorney. He focuses his practice on securities law, transactional and regulatory analyses for startups, and international business. David has experience negotiating real estate sales, drafting agreements, crafting and executing business plans, and providing business strategies to various companies.
David has previously worked as an attorney for tech companies in which he spearheaded cryptocurrency startups, and data privacy and compliance programs.
JD, St. John’s University School of Law
MBA, University of Cambridge
MA, International Relations, University of London, Kings College
BA, New York University
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
Representative Matters Include:
- Spearheaded the formation and launch of a European-based cryptocurrency exchange startup which involved advising developers on software architecture requirements vis-à-vis platform ease of use, data privacy & security, algorithmic trading, and API Integrations
- As in-house counsel for a nationwide FinTech company, created money transmitter licensure and compliance game plans, worked directly with underwriting and developer teams to create software functions which detect applicant fraud and ensure data privacy within the CRM and applicant data aggregation platform, and created underwriting due diligence roadmaps and operating models, using data analysis, to save the company millions
- Lead the creation of IP protection and data privacy protocols for a tech company that uses proprietary AI algorithmic machine learning models to help mission-driven organizations raise money and develop deeper relationships with their donors
- Provided business, multi-jurisdictional legal, and product development strategies for dozens of national and multinational startups
- Winner of Discover’s “Best Attorney Award” for 2016, awarded to the top-performing attorney across Discover’s nationwide network of law firms
- Advised numerous national Banks on risk-mitigation and profit-driving strategies tailored to specific counties, saving clients hundreds of thousands in revenue
- Argued successfully before the NY Appellate Division, 1st Department, on important precedent-setting evidentiary issues
- Lead a complex shareholder litigation case to trial which involved a chain of multi-million dollar healthcare facilities
- Represented under-served investors in FINRA arbitration claims resulting in high figure awards
- Represented both commercial landlords and tenants in payment and habitability disputes and successfully negotiated and drafted numerous commercial real estate purchases and sales and leases
- While at FINRA, analyzed policy, legal, compliance, and regulatory trends culminating in the creation of a comprehensive securities industry course
- Managed all the legal needs of a multi-million dollar healthcare company with dozens of facilities across the country, which included negotiating the sale of portions of the business, crafting and executing business plans for the unwinding of unprofitable facilities & services