Daniel Alper is Of Counsel to Warren Law Group.
Dan is a practicing attorney and trusted adviser to mid-market companies and entrepreneurs, providing practical guidance and counseling while remaining sharply focused on his client’s business objectives. Dan has a broad-based corporate practice focused on private equity and/or venture capital asset managers and/or their portfolio companies. He specializes in providing creative solutions to difficult problems or commercial disputes as well as using a holistic approach to clients’ business, transactional and legal needs. For almost 30 years, Dan has led, negotiated, and closed dozens of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity and debt investments, service and licensing arrangements, and other strategic transactions. Dan has also managed large and small groups of teams.
During the course of his career, Dan has managed small and large teams and has also led and closed many types of business transactions. Dan brings his strategic leadership, operations, structuring, and management experiences to each opportunity or transaction he facilitates.
LL.M, New York University
JD, American University Washington College of Law
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
Representative Matters Include:
- Currently serving as advisor or counsel for a select group of clients in diverse businesses assisting with legal strategy and transactional support.
- Senior Advisor to private equity asset managers providing acquisition and portfolio management services with a focus on energy and technology enabled businesses.
- Past Chief Executive Officer of Major Energy Services, LLC and its affiliates, a prominent retail energy company, leading the executive team and consummating the sale of Major Energy to Spark Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPKE) for a multiple of what had been offered shortly before Dan joined the company. At Major, Dan was responsible for over 50 people doing very profitable business in 11 states selling natural gas and electric with over $300 Million in revenue.
- Previously advised clients in connection with a broad variety of venture capital and private equity transactions: complex financings, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, real estate and corporate transactions with his own boutique legal and advisory firm.
- Between 2005 and 2009, Founder and Managing Partner of Ibex Financial Partners LLC, a loan originator and investment manager formed in partnership with Credit Suisse. Ibex originated over $1.5 billion of loans in approximately 300 individual transactions over a 3 year period and sold its portfolio of assets in a private transaction.
- Honed legal and business acumen as counsel to the national law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP focusing on complex real estate, insurance and financing transactions.
- Concentrated on private equity and venture capital, providing transactional solutions at O’Sullivan Graev & Karabell LPP (now, O’Melveny & Myers), one of the then preeminent law firms.