Practice Areas Include:
Corporate Law and Financial Transactions
Corporate Bankruptcy and Debt Restructuring
C.A. Morrison is Of Counsel to Warren Law Group.
Morrison is experienced in financial restructurings under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code for large corporate and individual debtors and in commodities financing transactions, including factoring and account receivable purchases. Morrison has represented agents and participating banks in large, syndicated loans outside bankruptcy and debtor in possession loans in Chapter 11 bankruptcies and represented banks and other financial institutions in numerous trade and commodities financing deals.
Prior to joining Warren Law Group, Morrison worked as Director and in-house Counsel at Societe Generale in New York, covering the trade and commodities finance team and the bank’s interests in large bankruptcy cases. Morrison was also an early investor in the budding cannabis industry with experience establishing an early consumption lounge and sanctuary in Denver, CO.
In addition to practicing law, Morrison is a licensed real estate broker in New York State focused on commercial properties for cannabis companies.
JD, Columbia University School of Law
BA, Queens College, Political Science and Economics
Bar Admissions & Memberships
State of New York
Representative Matters Include:
- Represented interests of large investment bank with significant derivative counterparty exposure in the Lehman bankruptcy case.
- Represented individual debtor with income derived primarily from real estate assets in Chapter 11 filing.
- Established cannabis sanctuary/lounge on the dawn of cannabis legalization and drafted and negotiated all the requisite documentation in connection therewith.
- Consultant on investment and formation documentation for newly formed cannabis research company.
- Represented major secured creditor that became a debtor in possession lender in the Enron Corp. Chapter 11 case.